For tea lovers, starting your day with a wonderfully prepared hot tea can make a huge difference.
This is one reason why you’ll want to get a durable kettle that you can actually use to prepare yourself some tea.
In this guide, we’ll be reviewing the top tea kettles on the market today, explaining why we chose them, their pros and cons, and what many users had to say about these products. This will hopefully make it easier for you to choose the most ideal one for you.
Best Tea Kettles In 2019
1. Willow & Everett Tea Kettle- Our Top Pick and Best Whistling Tea Kettle
2. Bella Ceramic Tea Kettle- Best Electric Tea Kettle
3. Mr. Coffee Flintshire Tea Kettle- Best Stovetop Tea Kettle
4. Mueller Austria Tea Kettle – Best Glass Tea Kettle
Now that we’ve listed these awesome products, let’s go into more detail about each kettle, their features, pros, and cons.
1. Willow & Everett Tea Kettle- Our Top Pick & Best Whistling Tea Kettle
This is a very unique tea kettle with a capsule bottom and mirror finish. It is able to house about 3 liters of liquid. It is sturdy and built to last because it is made of stainless steel, iron, and aluminum- making it rust resistant.
This whistling teapot comes with a stainless steel strainer for brewing tea or coffee just as you please. It is also able to boil water in no time because it has 5 layers of aluminum, stainless steel, and iron sandwiched together. This property makes it a very efficient means of boiling water or brewing your tea or coffee.
Its metal mirror body is easy to maintain and keep shiny. Its handle is covered with silicone to make it non-slip and it doesn’t heat up when the kettle is hot with liquid. Its handle is also designed to have a firm grip hold and its lever closes easily and whistles when the liquid in the tea kettle starts to boil.
The only downside about this tea kettle is that it is quite heavy due to its 5 sandwiched layers of aluminum, stainless steel and iron.
- Makes use of a stove
- Optimum heating capacity
- Fair pricing
- Mirror finish
- Anti-rust properties.
- Tea Strainer
- A little bit heavy.
There was an overwhelmingly positive response to this product. It’s design, quick action and ease of maintenance was well applauded.
2. Bella Ceramic Tea Kettle – Best Electric Tea Kettle
This is a beautiful electric ceramic tea kettle that has a lovely and timeless look that comes in silver tile, black floral, purple diamond, blue Aztec, red diamond, turquoise tile, and silver chevron. With all these different color variations, this tea kettle is able to match your kitchen theme seamlessly.
It has a detachable base, so pouring out liquids can be done with ease. It has a long gooseneck which is ideal for hot liquids because it reduces the likelihood of hot fluids spilling on you or your table. It also comes with an ON/OFF switch with a blue LED light that shows if the kettle has been turned on.
It boils water very fast and its ceramic property enables it to keep in the heat.
It comes with a boil-dry feature which enables you to worry less about the kettle boiling liquids to a drypoint which minimizes kitchen hazards. It also has a concealed heating element so the inner part of the kettle isn’t filled with mineral line marks which keeps the kettle clean.
The downside of this product is that it is a little bit heavy and because of its ceramic material, it could be badly damaged if it falls. You’ll need to handle and store it carefully.
- Looks Good
- Easy to operate
- Can be detached from its base
- Concealed heating element.
- A little bit heavy
- It has to be taken care of gently to avoid cracks.
Many users were impressed by its beauty, design and how quickly it boils water.
3. Mr. Coffee Flintshire Tea Kettle – Best Stovetop Tea Kettle
This is a classic whistling stainless steel tea kettle that is able to hold about 1.75 quarts of water (about 7 cups).
It is a very affordable tea kettle that can go on a gas stove. It whistles when water gets boiled and also has a flip-up spout cover that ensures the safe pouring of hot liquids. This same flip-up spout cover helps to cover the kettle and keep liquids from getting cold.
This product is manufactured by Gibson overseas Inc. which is a reputable brand. Its stainless steel finish is easy to clean too.
- Stainless steel
- Classic look
- Whistling properties
- Not very durable
Many customers love this product not only for its classy look but also its light weight. The handle also remains cool even when the kettle is hot. There were some complaints about its durability.
4. Mueller Austria Tea Kettle- Best Glass Tea Kettle
This is a sleek tea kettle made up of a see-through borosilicate glass which is scratch-resistant. It also comes with a cordless kettle top and an LED light that indicates when the kettle is turned on.
The tea kettle is capable of holding about 1.8L of water. Its handle is slip and heat-free so you don’t need to worry about the tea kettle slipping from your hands or the handle getting too hot when the liquid starts boiling.
It is also equipped with an automatic shut off so you don’t need to worry about the hazards associated with water boiling dry.
The downside to this tea kettle is that if not handled properly, it could break, but then it is still made of strong glass.
- Made of Borosilicate glass
- It looks good
- Easy to operate
- Cordless kettle top
- Concealed heating element
- Anti-slip handle
- Makes use of electricity
- Has to be handled carefully because of the glass.
Many customers that used this product loved it because it boils water quickly, it is lightweight, good looking and its heating element is constantly protected. There were also some complaints about its durability.
How to Maintain Your Tea Kettle
Most times we think because a tea kettle boils water, it doesn’t get dirty, but it actually does, especially when there are mineral marks from boiling water or even stains from tea or coffee.
Cleaning your kettle maintains it and makes it last longer. It doesn’t matter if your tea kettle is an electric base or needs a stove to heat up, it has to be cleaned regularly.
Here are some tips to help you maintain your tea kettle:
- Boil with water and vinegar
- Wipe with mild dishwashing detergent and sponge
- You can place stovetop kettles in a dishwasher.
- For stainless steel and copper kettles, avoid boiling to dry because this will leave mineral marks.
- Never under any circumstance put your tea kettle in the microwave.
Tips For Choosing The Best Tea Kettle
These are some things to consider when choosing a tea kettle.
- Weight: Most elderly people would rather go for tea kettles that are not so heavy in order to avoid unnecessary accidents.
- Mode of Heating: There are 2 main distinct modes of heating which are electric or stove. You should go for a gas-based tea kettle if you have a gas range at home. You can also go for an electric kettle for its convenience- it has an auto shut off so water won’t boil dry.
- Budget: The question you always have to ask yourself before purchasing a product is how much are you willing to spend on the product.
- Aesthetics: Sometimes your kitchen already has a theme you would want to continue with this theme. Tea kettles now vary in material from stainless steel, copper, iron, aluminum, glass, and even ceramic, so there are many options to choose from to beautify your kitchen.
- Safety: We can not underestimate the hazards that come with boiling liquids in the kitchen especially when you have kids ones around you. So when getting a tea kettle, it’s best to look out for tea kettles that have a firm hand grip and is not flimsy.
- Heating Element: When choosing a tea kettle, especially an electric one, it is best to go for one that has a covered heating element, if not some material from the heating element may start to leak into your water.
Over to You
Now, it is time for you to make your choice. We love feedback, so it will be nice to tell us your experience with any of these products by leaving a comment. Also, if there are other products you believe should be in this review, let’s know in the comment section, our goal is to keep this review as current and updated as much as we can.