Remodeling your kitchen can be a bit stressful but finding the exact kitchen equipment to suit your kitchen space perfectly is priceless.
An under cabinet range hood is a wonderful addition to a kitchen and its primary purpose is to ventilate the kitchen, removing smoke, odors, heat, and steam. It also helps to trap grease that could be caught on the cabinets.
Just like the name implies, this range hood is placed under the cabinet and can be ducted (which means the air is vented outside) or ductless (the air is cleaned and circulated back into your kitchen).
In this review, we will be discussing the top 5 on the market right now. We’ll start by listing them, thereafter we’ll explain the features, pros, and cons of each product.
Best Under Cabinet Range Hoods in 2019
1. Broan Non-Ducted Under Cabinet Range Hood- Our Top Pick & Best Ductless
2. Cosmo Range Hood- Best 36- Inch Under Cabinet Range Hood
3. BV Under Cabinet Range Hood- Best High-Capacity
4. Broan Under Cabinet Range Hood- Our Budget Pick
5. Chef Under Cabinet Range Hood- Most Advanced
We’ve listed the top 5 products available right now, it’s time to discuss them in more detail.
1. Broan Ductless Under Cabinet Range Hood – Our Top Pick & Best Ductless
This is an awesome 30-inch device. It is our top pick and the best ductless under cabinet range hood. It comes in a variety of colors like stainless steel, almond, white, bisque, black and beige. This gives you the liberty to select a color that suits your kitchen theme when remodeling.
It has a ductless filter with a grease-charcoal combination that removes unwanted smoke and odors from your kitchen easily. It has a 75-watt cooktop lighting which illuminates the cooktop perfectly. It also has control switches regulate the fan speed and light.
- Ductless installation
- Available in different sizes and colors
- Bright cooktop lighting
- Easy to install.
- The lighting bulb is sold separately.
Customers love that this under cabinet range hood is easy to install.
2. Cosmo Under Cabinet Range Hood- Best 36- Inch
This is a modern 36-inch device with a stainless steel finish. It is designed to have a slim appearance which makes it suitable for condos and small apartments. One advice before purchasing one is to measure the space in your kitchen above your range.
An interesting feature of this range hood is that it can be ducted or ductless. If it is used as a ductless hood, it has a carbon filter so that air can be cleaned and recirculated back into the kitchen.
It has a 200 CFM power blower and a 3-speed motor but very quiet. Its noise emission at its maximum speed is about 56dB.
There is an LED energy-saving light system that helps to illuminate the cooktop properly. It is also a very durable range hood, it has a 5-year limited warranty.
- Can be ducted or ductless
- It has a high efficiency LED lighting system
- 430-grade stainless steel finish for easy cleaning.
- It has a quiet and efficient blower
- The carbon filter is sold separately.
3. BV Under Cabinet Range Hood- Best High Capacity
This is a heavy duty ducted 30-inch device that has a nice stainless steel finish.
Its blower is has a powerful 800CFM capacity which is far more effective than the average range hood in its category. It also has 3-speed levels and 2 motors, meaning it works twice as fast as other range hoods with just 1 motor.
It is a sturdy product, its fans are made of aluminum while its filters are made of stainless steel, this makes it easy to clean. The manufacturers also provide a 2-year warranty with technical support.
- Heavy duty
- Stainless steel finish
- 800CFM capacity
- It has 2 motors
- Comes with 2 x 2 LED lights
- It has 3-speed electronic button controls.
- A little noisy.
Customers loved that this range hood was easy to install and very effective.
4. Broan Under Cabinet Range Hood- Best For A Budget
This is a simple 30-inch under cabinet range hood that is very affordable. It comes in a variety of colors- white, black, bisque, stainless steel, almond, and black.
This hood has a 190CFM capacity, its grease filters are dishwasher-safe so you don’t need to do the hard work of trying to remove tough grease stains. It also has a lamp lens that enables you to see the whole cooktop easily.
One unique feature about this product is that it has a 10-year warranty on major components.
- Dishwasher-safe filters
- Available in different colors
- Its lightbulb has to be bought separately.
- The vertical discharge damper and a rigid duct are bought separately.
Users love the price and its ease of installation.
5. Chef Under Cabinet Range Hood- Most Advanced
This is a very modern range hood, it has a stainless steel finish with a digital touch screen and clock. Its blower capacity is about 860CFM which is very high compared to other range hoods, it also comes with a delay shut-off feature that enables you to turn off the hood after a pre-set period.
This range hood is unique because it has a 6-speed setting so the suction and the noise level can be adjusted to your preference. The baffle filters are made of easy-to-clean stainless steel that is dishwasher friendly. Its LED lamps are very bright and energy saving.
- Very advanced and modern
- 860CFM capacity to trap odors and smoke.
- Baffle filters are stainless steel and dishwasher friendly.
- 3-way venting option
- It has a delay shut-off function
- 6-speed setting
- Touchscreen display and digital clock
- 2-year warranty on parts.
- Quite expensive
Things To Consider Before Buying An Under Cabinet Range Hood
- Before purchasing a range hood, it is important to know how much you’re willing to spend, this will help you narrow down your options to products that suit your budget.
- It is very important to measure the space available in your kitchen before going ahead to buy a range hood because it has to fit under your cabinet space and be large enough for your cooktop area.
- Ducted or Ductless- Not all kitchen spaces can accommodate a duct. The ductless system works by purifying the air with a charcoal filter and recirculating it back into the kitchen.
- CFM capacity- This is a measure of how powerful the range hood is. The higher the CFM, the faster the air is sucked in and cleaned. Remember that the more powerful your device is, the noisier it’s likely to be.
- Lighting- There are different types of lighting, some range hoods come with halogen bulbs while others have LED bulbs. LED bulbs are preferred because they are energy efficient, last longer, and are very bright.
- Baffle Filters- Baffle filters help to trap grease and oil. Due to their active function, it is important to clean them from time to time, so it’s best for them to be made of rust-free and dishwasher-friendly materials.
- Warranty- Before buying a product, it is important to see its warranty period length. If you encounter technical issues, the company is liable to repair it for free or give you a new product. Different manufacturers offer different warranty periods and offers.
Over To You
Now, it’s time to hear from you. Did you find this review helpful and have you used any of these products before? Let us know your experience with under cabinet range hoods. If you also know any product that is worth an addition to this article, let us know. We’ll be more than happy to keep this review as updated and current as possible.